Grammarly-Best-Grammar-Checker-Sweep-Paper-Clean.-e1360099282137.gif

Grammarly Survey Analysis | Perspective

Grammarly Survey - Sweep Paper Clean. Grammarly Survey Analysis Reveals Effectiveness

Grammarly Survey reveals the effectiveness of The World’s Best Grammar Checker! Instantly proofread your texts and correct grammar and punctuation.

During the 2011-2012 winter, Grammarly undertook the task of an online Grammarly survey open to all its customers. The aim was to measure respondent’s experience with Grammarly and the impact Grammarly had on their writing. With 392 total respondents, the survey analysis proved insight into who uses it, how they use it, and the effect it had on their writing. What follows is the short version of the Grammarly survey analysis from a shopper’s brief perspective.  

   Most of respondent students were domestic college or university attendees [79%]. About 21% held foreign student status. The students varied in educational levels. Those pursuing a Bachelor’s degree made up 43%. About 32% were enrolled in a Master’s degree program. Doctoral degree students made up 16% of the study. The remaining 9% were pursuing a professional or some other degree.

The broad spectrum of studies included Psychology [10%], Medicine or Nursing [10%], and Business [20%]. With backgrounds covering fields anywhere from mathematics to music, the survey concluded that people of various educational backgrounds are using Grammarly.

   More woman [60%] than men [40%] responded to the Grammarly survey. 68% of total respondents claimed English as their native language while the remaining 32% said English is their secondary language. This suggests that natives of the English language are the majority of Grammarly users.

   Prior to Grammarly, student respondents’ average confidence level in their own writing skills scored at 3.55 on a scale where 6 indicates the highest level of confidence. This shows people who are not confident in writing tend to use Grammarly. It may also translate into inadequate education.

   About 72% of Grammarly’s customers use the service at least once a week. Most use Grammarly on a daily basis. This statistic alone speaks volume as to the results people are experiencing. Non-English speaking users show no real difference in usage than the English speaking native users. Nor does gender, nationality, or users pursuing higher education seem to play a significant role among the frequency of use.

   Without question, the Grammarly survey shows it is the student who uses grammarly more often than other groups of users. This is simply explained by the resources a student would need for such matters as presentations, research papers, or dissertations for courses ranging from Philosophy to Theology and from Physics to Art. The most frequent student users were enrolled in some form of writing course [31%]. English or Literature students lead that group with 21%, followed closely behind by Business [20%], Education [17%], and Psychology [13%]. But the non-academic use of Grammarly was also touted for such things as writing emails, resumes, and cover letters.

   In spite of those who would be its critics (i.e. the competition), increased confidence levels among users is strongly noted. About 70% of students reported an increased level of confidence in their writing skills as a direct result of using Grammarly. The Grammarly survey also highlights English-speaking natives actually recorded the highest level of increased confidence as compared to where their confidence level stood at the start of using Grammarly. Students seeking a Bachelor’s degree also showed a higher level of increased confidence when compared to graduate students.

   Ultimately, the Grammarly survey report concluded that 70% of the respondents claimed an increased level of writing skills confidence by using The World’s Best Grammar Checker! Over 93% reporting that Grammarly helped them save time and improved their writing grades. The survey results report is long and detailed. If you wish to view its entirety, including visual graph charts, click here.

See also: Grammarly Review | Free Trial   ed2go | Review